In the Betsy Tacy novels, Betsy frequently "takes stock." This usually involves her revisiting her goals and priorities at her desk, on a farm, or in a lake. Almost a month into 2017, I thought I would take stock and discuss some of my other accomplishments so far this year.
1. I have been attending the First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia and I think my church shopping is ending here. I am in love.
2. I started attending ballet and jazz classes at Philly Dance Fitness. I am loving it so far-and had forgotten how much I love ballet, especially.
3. I signed up for classpass again and have been taking some barre classes. I think once Barre3 opens in Philly next week, I am going to join there. I did barre really regularly in Columbia and I really want to get back into it.
4. I have developed a skincare routine. This was kind of an unwritten goal for this year. It has steps and i have a different one for morning and night. #progress
5. Quit things. I haven't exactly been quitting things but I have been saying no. I turned down an opportunity to tutor in a prison. I turned down a few writing opportunities. I decided not to take an art class this semester, since I wanted to concentrate on getting back into shape.
6. Write everyday. Not quite everyday, but I have been doing a decent job of getting up early and writing or doing some work before I start my day. It's not perfect, but the other day I finished a grant proposal at 8:30 AM, which is a win in my book.
7. I haven't been keeping up with my journal, but I am going to put it on my bedside table and write tonight.
8. I need to call my mom/medzma/dad/faraway friends and brother more
9. run. I have been exercising but I want to run at least once or twice a week.